• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from France

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vettefab

Hi, I'm Fabien from Dunkirk (yes, same city as the WW2 related movie!)
I'm 28, been dreaming about airplanes since I was a kid, especially vintage/oldschool stuff (1930s to early 60s) as a french little boy I grew up with Tintin, Le Petit Prince, Buck Danny...
My aunt had an ULM (Ultra Light Aircraft) when I was 8 or 10, an FK13 with a rotax 912 iirc.

Well here I am, after spending my first wages in classic cars (my main hobby) we're close to open our own classic american car garage with my wife and I need to have a hobby allowing me to focus on something else than cars and automatic transmissions !!!

I'd love to kitbuild a biplane like a Ragwing II or A Pottier P60, but also would like to be able to slingshot 10 to 15 hundred miles to visit the family on a weekend.
A couple years back I was leaning towards the Zodiac/Zenair 601 which are popular in France, but even the tailwheel version is too modern looking for my taste.

Recently I found some company making plans to build a scaled down P51 or Spitfire and I liked that idea, but I think I'll buy a Spitfire blueprint set and take the inspiration/modify it to look like a D520 Dewoitine, the French WW2 warbird

That's a really sleek looking airplane, just 3 D520 are known to remains in museums, neither is airworty, one in Le Bourget, the other at Rochefort, and the third one we can't visit at the moment but stays in an association in Bordeaux.

Attachments

• 580_rd.jpg
    580_rd.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 104531553_m.jpg
    104531553_m.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
Back