• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fisher Youngster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

N88RC

Ken Crossman, Certified IT Security Professional

I am completing a Fisher Youngster project started in 1994 by my father which I inherited when he passed away in 2011.
The project is anticipated to by airworthy within the next 90 days; after I transported it cross country from Arizona in 2012 I started with an inventory of the project and assessment of the build status. I ordered a new set of plans from Fisher because the old plans were no longer readable.

From 2012 to 2013 I concentrated on getting a hangar while the plane sat in my garage. In the interim, I reassembled the VW engine and got that running.
In 2013 the project went to Gadsden to hanger to start repair on some minor damage from the transport and get covered. The project covering is almost complete and several pieces have UV coating on them and are ready to go into paint.

The paint I chose is a fighter blue with a pearl white for the wings and trim. I want to go with a classic look solid color fuselage and white wings and trim. 'N' registration will be on the wings in matching fighter blue.

I flew with my father for a long time and completed ground school and lessons back in 1982/1983 but never completed my private license. I have been getting in some hours for my sport license this year and hope to have that completed before the plane is finished.

The attached picture is from 2002, the project has not advanced considerably when I inherited it in 2011 but all the surfaces are covered now and in the final stages of paint prep. I decided to pay a professional to paint it because of space and time that I do not have for that work.

Attachments

• Things to do! Youngster.jpg
    Things to do! Youngster.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 682
Back