• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Engine parts CAD library?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffTaylor

I'm starting to fool around with an engine design in Fusion 360. There are nice libraries for fasteners included with F360 and I can download CAD files for just about everything McMaster sells. Are there similar resources for engine parts like pistons, valves, etc.? I've looked at places like grabcad.com, but haven't found much of use. Pistons and valves aren't complicated shapes to model, but if I can save time not modeling every single part that would be great.

I'm new to this type of engine tinkering. Going to an online catalog for say Yamaha parts, they are all listed by engine model number. Say I want to buy pistons of certain dimensions how should I search for that? Are there supplier favorites, for example, valves that are listed by sizes, or is it always going to be listed as valve for 2024 model #1234 engine?
Thanks for any pointers.

Back