• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corby Starlet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things, first my Starlet plans shows a two piece wing and a one-piece wing but I found an old post saying saying there is a three piece wing and a reinforced that will up the gross weight by 100.00 pounds, I would like to know more about this, here is the post, I would like to find more info.

They originally had a one-piece wing/spar. Someone offered a two-piece wing to facilitate building, seems there was even a three piece wing which bolted together. A more recent mod calls for reinforcement of the one-piece wing to allow a higher gross weight (750 lbs) so I guess that would be the strongest one

2nd. I found a YouTube video where one had a wing break off in flight, the plane even had a two 2 stroke engine, I was trying to find it so I could post this here but I cant, has any one know anything about this

Back