• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

"Built" Kohler V-Twin for sale on Facebook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmarepair

Supporting Member
I doubt whether this link will work but here goes https://www.facebook.com/groups/512...elM7JLfCtA1sn7ZwiaoojF0hct29YoJnS&__tn__=,P-R
This is from the Kohler Command V-Twin Parts Facebook Group. Full text

"I have a 25 hp vtwin kohler motor i built to run with a local lite altered class. Motor built with all new Midwest Super Cub (MWSC) parts. It has stock crank, je flat top gas ported pistons, with mwsc billet rods .290 longer rods. Mwsc cast reground cam. Has a mwsc steel flywheel with crank trigger ignition voodoo coils. Heads are stock castings that’s been ported with mwsc springs with stock size valves. Carb is a reworked mwsc stock appearing. Comes with a mwsc center exit header. Motor was very strong we estimated it to be around 65 hp give or take. Ready to run… asking 3,000 as is or best offer. I can deliver to nqs pull in Liberty, KY this weekend.
Pm or call Andrew at 859-940-1021"

Most aviation applications would not need the heavy flywheel, and that HP guesstimate is no doubt at a much higher RPM than even a reduction drive would use.

You could not build this engine for this price. I cite it as an example of what I see for sale in the various Garden Tractor performance forii.

Back