• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BMW R1100 with planetary PRSU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeHall

I just got my BMW R1100 engine in and I am starting on forming ideas on the PRSU I want to use. I was going to use a belt setup many in Europe but, I really want to get the cylinders up on the thrust line mostly for appearance but also in order to utilize the proven planetary PRSU that the rotary engine guys have been using forever. Does anyone have more details on the componets that are used to build these planetary drives? I know most are using C6 parts but I have found no details on how they are adapting the sun gear to the crank of the engine nor how they are attaching the planet carrier to the prop shaft. If anyone knows more about this setup i would be grateful if you would share what you know.

Attachments

• BMW R1100 planetary .jpg
    BMW R1100 planetary .jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 280
Back