• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Aerofoil Articles QFI Magazine - Dave Jones Airfoil Transition.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultralightav8or

I am looking for very old QFI magazine articles on airfoil transitions written by Dave Jones. I have searched the model forums and there are some posts that thought the article was around April/May 2000 in two parts. I thought the articles were earlier than that maybe 1996/1998? I also think the articles may also have been lodged with UIUC.

Can anyone help. Happy to pay printing/postage costs etc.

The articles describe the methodology for aerodynamic washout transitioning airfoil selection and camber across the span of the wing as opposed to building physical washout at the tips. I am using it to compare with Irv Culvers methodology on the Carbon Dragon. If anyone can point me to other sources on a similar subject it would be much appreciated.

First post so be nice if I have posted in the wrong spot:)

many thanks

Back