+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost formatting - test

Registered User Head in the clouds's Avatar

Lost formatting - test

I followed Jarno's instructions but last time I posted all formatting was lost.

No para's, no spaces etc.

So just testing again here.

ABCD E

Banned

Re: Lost formatting - test

For what it is worth I just lost a long PM (to Topaz in response to one received ) -I had thought the a Private message was not subject to the same sort of things as being on a forum --anyway it appears they are and I guess I will have to do it on notepad or something to avoid this drop out thing --might be of interest to someone else.

(and Topaz I'll have a go at replying shortly -- I concurr about the value of marketting knowhow and think our problem is more to do with style and semantics causing misinterpretation --- )

Quote Originally Posted by Aircar View Post
    For what it is worth I just lost a long PM (to Topaz in response to one received ) -I had thought the a Private message was not subject to the same sort of things as being on a forum --anyway it appears they are and I guess I will have to do it on notepad or something to avoid this drop out thing --might be of interest to someone else.
    It's the thought police subroutine! As soon as it sensed what you were writing and made a judgement call, it cancelled your post.

(You do know I'm just kidding, don't you?)

Just using my old test thread to work out this multi-quote thing

(and Topaz I'll have a go at replying shortly -- I concurr about the value of marketting knowhow and think our problem is more to do with style and semantics causing misinterpretation --- )
    abc

Quote Originally Posted by Head in the clouds View Post
    I followed Jarno's instructions but last time I posted all formatting was lost.

No para's, no spaces etc.

So just testing again here.

ABCD E
    def

Quote Originally Posted by bmcj View Post
    It's the thought police subroutine! As soon as it sensed what you were writing and made a judgement call, it cancelled your post.

(You do know I'm just kidding, don't you?)
    ghi

Quote Originally Posted by Head in the clouds View Post
    Just using my old test thread to work out this multi-quote thing
    Well, if you figure it out, let me know too. I'm not quite sure how to use it or what it's really meant to do (quote from multiple posts, or break one post up into multiple quoted segments).

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by bmcj View Post
    Well, if you figure it out, let me know too. I'm not quite sure how to use it or what it's really meant to do (quote from multiple posts, or break one post up into multiple quoted segments).

Bruce
    Yes, I cracked it! Strange that a search in FAQs or genereal site search doesn't come up with anything.

I don't think it can break up a single post into bits for multiple quoting it just adds as many posts to the 'Post Quick Reply' as you want to answer, rather than having to make an answer for each of them individually.

What you do first is go to each of the posts you want to answer and click the "+ button (under the 'like' button) then the "+ will change to a tick (check) mark. Then click 'post quick reply' on one of them and the reply window will open with all the quotes in there so that you can answer them in turn.

I found it easier to 'go advanced' because the answer becomes quite long so it is easier to check it in the 'preview'.

Cheers,

Alan

PS - I found a problem with it that sometimes comes up, next time you want to answer something the ticks (checks) may still be applied so you may have to go back and uncheck them.
    Last edited by Head in the clouds; June 1st, 2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added PS

...(and Topaz I'll have a go at replying shortly -- I concurr about the value of marketting knowhow and think our problem is more to do with style and semantics causing misinterpretation --- )
    I suspect you're right, and am genuinely looking forward to talking with you about it, whenever you have some time.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry James Thoreau
    Member of the Lake Elsinore Soaring Club.

Test post after losing the one for the third time......
    "Aeronautical engineering is highly educated guessing, worked out to five decimal places. Fred Lindsley, Airspeed."

OK well that worked
    "Aeronautical engineering is highly educated guessing, worked out to five decimal places. Fred Lindsley, Airspeed."

+ Reply to Thread