• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Thinking about developing a new engine for GA, but looking for a bit of feedback before starting.

Hello all, After working in the industry a bit, seeing some of the "new tech" (aka. vaporware), and noodling on things, I think I have a new concept in mind that would be able to deliver the power of a 540 in the package size and weight of a 360 and with better efficiency to boot. TBO would be...
  2. P

Parts For Sale Aircraft engine for sale

Hey everybody. I have decided to make the transition to the new generation 4 engine. That means that I am going to offer my 2012 Jabiru 3300A Engine for sale. ( 6 cylinder 120 hp) The serial number is 33A2400 It is a generation 2 engine with some generation 3 upgrades. It has the double springs...
  3. R

Jabiru 2200

Looking for a Jabiru 2200 to update and overhaul, Thanks Larry H.
  4. Ardent

Murphy Rebel 50%, Prince George B.C. $13,000US or add O-320

Evening, I have two Rebels, one flying on floats and one part way build that I’ve decided to part with, as a direct result of having the one flying on floats. I’d estimate the build at 50%, and everything but the landing gear appears to be there. The spar / wing inspection hasn’t been done, but...
  5. N

Budget Ultralight

Hi, As the title says, me and a group of friends are looking for advice on how we could power a small ultralight 1 seater aircraft we plan on building. This plane would not be going from airport to airport and never taken more than 500ft up, it is simply for field hopping. Unfortunately we are...
  6. MauleOwner

FS: Engines & Accessories, Radios New & Used Condition, Wheel Pants

I am not the owner of these items but I have agreed to help sell them as the actual owner travels and is frequently out of pocket. All items are used unless noted otherwise and all used was in working condition when removed. If preferred, I can send the radio(s) to Steinair to handle the...
  7. Scott luther

Intruder 250cc 4 stroke EFI engine

Curious if anyone has used this on a part 103 ultralight. It’s 35hp and water cooled, 69lbs inclusive of oil, water, and exhaust.
  8. Ebell

Source for dual ignition single port, 1835 heads

All, I don't post much on the forum - but I I have learned a ton here over the seven years I've been working on my project. and truly enjoy all of your contributions. I'm looking for a recommendation on a source for high quality, new, single-port, 1835 heads for my mostly GPAS 1835. I've seen...
  9. djmcfall

Rotax Gray Head

Removed from a Kitfox for a 912 upgrade. Been stored on the airplane in a hangar. 30 hours TT since new. Includes electric start, oil injection and radiator. $2988, picked up in Idaho or will ship for actual cost.
  10. V

Engines: Cost and weight per HP

Looking at the various discussions here about engine weights and cost, I gathered some numbers (below) for rough comparisons. 1) I looked at engines that could be bought new and completely assembled 2) Weights and costs are from "the internet", don't include exhaust systems, and are subject to a...
  11. jumpinjan

Ranger 6-440-C2 engines (2ea) and prop hub

Ranger Engines - I have 2 each, Ranger 6-440-C2 engines. One Ranger includes the mags & carb. Both engines are mounted in custom-fabricated, engine stands or dollies. One dolly can rotate the engine 180 degrees just like the factory one. These engines also need to be gone through. No logs for...
  12. F

McCULLOCH 4318A ENGINES

I have 2 engines. I am asking $750 each. I have another post with props that can be bundled with the engines. The engines are in good condition but I have not run them.
  13. B

Band new Aerovee 2.1

Brand new Aerovee 2.1 engine inventoried and put back in the boxes the engine came in. Has Sonex/Xenos/Waiex exhaust kit (A Model) Has Sonex /xenos /Waiex Baffle kit ( A Model) Oil pressure sender Oil Temp Sender Air filter assembly
  14. R

Motor Mount for Zenith CH750 Stol 2nd Ed Corvair Engine

Motor Mount for Corvair Engine Came off Zenith 750 2nd Edition. Excellent Condition, Never Flown, TIG Welded, Painted Battleship Grey, $485 OBO + Shipping. Call Rick @ 772-283-4834
  15. base363

DMA engine tachometer

Does anyone have any knowledge of this tach? Maybe a PDF manual?
  16. T

Rotax 503 w/ 2.58 gearbox for sale

I have for sale a SCSI Rotax 503 with 2.58 (A) gearbox for sale, I bought it with no logs so the hours are unknown, it runs perfectly. comes with exhaust and Bing carb. $850.00 I bought this engine intending on using it on my Parasol experimental, I have since decided to use a Generac. I...
  17. T

Real World engine options, but still on a tight budget

My feelings about used engines are the same as with used computers and cars. Might get lucky, but you have no idea how the engine was maintained, if anything undesirable has happened, etc... I'm researching options for a UL bush plane, something like a cub or highlander, and would need decent...
  18. J

New video: Installing a Continental O200 engine in your Homebuilt

I would like to announce that HomebuiltHELP has created a new video DVD demonstrating the installation of the Continental O200 engine into a Zenith CH750. The purpose of this video is to promote the idea of using a rebuilt O200 in experimental aircraft by showing a typical installation into a...
  19. dougwanderson

CONTINENTAL ENGINE $600 a65? in MN

Not me local craigslist fresh barn find, casting number on case, 6243 with Alcoa under that...number on plate----317081c... the 3170 are clear, the 8 could be a 6 or 9...both mags are on it, (Bendix--SF-48).... Marvel Schraber aircraft carb is on it.. oil pan is on it but it,s bent...
  20. B

0 zero time 150 HP R3600 Rotec engine for sale, 2008 production, meets all AD's

For Sale, New, never run, 0 time, 150 HP Rotec radial engine. We took delivery of this engine in August of 2008 at Oshkosh for a plane we were building in case we could not find an original rotary engine for it. It has never been run. It has been kept in our air conditioned, heated workshop...
Back