• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

vw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. I

Parts For Sale VW 2180 AeroVee engine & accessory case FOR SALE

VW 2180cc Aerovee engine, accessory case and extras (engine only has around 10 hours, according to engine log, but hasn't been run in years). LOCATED IN SHELBY, OHIO and I am asking $3,500. This is also posted on FB Marketplace. Items included: • Aerovee 2180cc VW conversion engine (with...
  2. D Graber

Parts For Sale Quickie stuff and Revmaster VW

I've got a bunch of Quickie Q2/200 stuff that needs to go. Started construction on my one-off design two years ago and haven't touched the Quickie since. Revmaster 2100 Carbon spars for the LS1 canard Two fuselage $3,500 Waynesboro, VA
  3. Smarcoux

Looking for a 1/2 vw engine project

Hello to all, Im looking for a 1/2 vw engine to rebuild or an affordable complete 1/2 vw. I plan on using it on the Micro Mong project I picked up about a month ago. So far all I have run into was that global on Barnstormers. Unfortunately after some more digging it wasn't what was advertised...
  4. V

Parts For Sale Slick Magneto

Slick 4106 Magneto came off a VW engine, is a older mag has the harness and plugs. Did get it to spark on the bench. Don't know what it's worth $150.00 or best offer.... Contact [email protected]
  5. V

VW 1835?

I picked up a 1835 out of a plane to use in my car, and was wondering what RPM's they run in an plane verses a car? And what cam is used? I see on the great planes site they list a #117 cam is this like a Engle number ?
  6. 103

Zippy Sport VW

One if Ed Fishers designs that is overlooked is the Zippy Sport. No quicker way to build a wing... Often a two stroke on the front but this one is a 1834 VW. Based on the takeoff run it may be a little heavy for the plane. I wonder how it would perform with one of Scott Caslers 45hp 86x94mm...
  7. GyroGerald

Volkswagen powered Gyroplane fly’s

VW Gyroplane
  8. 103

VW Oil System Details

I pulled my engine in September to address an oil leak near the rear seal and on the front left cylinder base. Big Job should do a final stress test on the ground this weekend check the valve clearances and then return to the flight line. In the process I captured some images of the nifty 750+...
  9. dragon2knight

VW Engine Maintenance

While I see tons of info regarding how to choose, build and install VW engines on this forum I'd love to know how to do basic/advanced maintenance on them. I know no one who has one so I can't ask there. This is an engine I've long admired but simply don't know what to expect to have to do, at...
  10. rv6ejguy

EFI VW Sonex

Peter van Schalkwyk's Sonex won Best Auto Conversion at SNF with SDS EFI: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/pete-wayne-snf-adventure/ Peter is a long time VW/SDS EFI user. He previously had a Waiex which first flew in 2010 using our EFI. He's presently experimenting with different intake manifold...
  11. V

Engines: Cost and weight per HP

Looking at the various discussions here about engine weights and cost, I gathered some numbers (below) for rough comparisons. 1) I looked at engines that could be bought new and completely assembled 2) Weights and costs are from "the internet", don't include exhaust systems, and are subject to a...
  12. Lostman

VW type engine, Prefer 2180 or close.

I'm just getting started on building a project that I will be taking over of a Sonerai II. I would really like to come up with an engine sooner rather than later. AeroVee, or Great plains conversions Obviously are on the top of that list but willing to look at anything. Since I live currently at...
  13. A

VW 88mm pistons & cylinders on a Corvair

Here's the situation: I live in Australia where Corvair engines, and associated parts, are like hen's teeth and need to be imported from the U.S. The shipping costs, plus customs etc., are exorbitant and constitute a significant proportion of the cost of the final engine. On the other hand...
  14. C

Flywheel Drive

Does anyone have information on flywheel drive engines? Specifically, I'm looking for starter installation and good options for hub attachment to the flywheel. Any help at all is appreciated!
  15. Tiger Tim

What's wrong with the Affordaplane?

Or, more correctly, how would you fix it? Like so many others, I'm intrigued by this simple-looking airplane and interested in building something like it some day. I don't know if it's the in-your-face simplicity of the airplane, the excitement of flying so exposed (while still in a...
  16. cavelamb

Subaru and a B-Box

too many pics!Here we have a Subaru adapted to a Rotax B-box. It's not hard, just locating alignment pins and bossing centers on the big plate.
  17. GY20_Minicab

New Member freezing in the dark

Hello fellow aviators and airplane builders, My name is Mike, and I have been nuts about planes since age 2. I retired last year and have been working full tilt on my GY20 Minicab. The pre-cover inspection was done July 2009 and since then I have been working on the details that are the last...
  18. B

DUAL IGNITION VOLKSWAGEN STUFF FOR SALE

Hey guys, I was planning to put a secondary ignition on my vw but lost my job so i'm going to have to keep flying on single. Up for sale is 0 time revmaster dual ignition heads. vertex magneto with wires Intake manifold from revmaster Used Slick magneto I have about over $1800 invested in...
  19. H

VW and Titan

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in using a VW engine on a Titan aircraft Thanks Much
Back