• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

trike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

New Member Covington, LA

Interested in building a trike (weight shift powered hang glider ) Any one done this? If so, would appreciate thoughts on plans used and pics of your trike. Also I want to use electric motor. thanks
  2. Sree

Need Help With Building a Two Seater Trike/Ultralight

I apologize for my lack of knowledge with flying foremost.:depressed Me and a friend of mine, are planning to build a two seater trike or ultralight sort of thing. We never have built or seen one in real life. We plan to keep the cost minimal. We weigh to about 130-135 kg combined. We can get...
  3. Sree

Need Help With Building a Two Seater Trike/Ultralight

Sorry!! I moved it to another category since i realized it belongs there better. I cant find a delete option. Sorry about that.
  4. M

Legal Part 103 single-seat trike as flying boat (like Polaris or Sea Trike)?

I am searching for an inexpensive low-n-slow Part 103 one-seater Trike with floats--no x-country, usage in favorable wind conditions only. Looking at the non-103 two-seater "flying boats" from Polaris and Sea Trike from the '80s and '90s gave me a crazy idea... why not use an inflatable boat...
  5. F

Frugal trike frame project

Hi all, I am trying to build a low cost trike frame (although I plan to buy the wing), and before I could cut the first metal, I have already stalled with the rear suspension. Here are the issues: 1. I have discarded the flat Grove type spring aluminum landing gear idea as too expensive...
  6. S

Ultralight Trike for experience pilot?

Hello all!! I have been looking at Ultralight Trikes for a few weeks now and I have some general questions for anyone who has flown a Trike and also flow other aircraft. Im an experienced pilot with over 4,000 hrs of flying a current airline pilot and experienced GA pilot. I have flown a...
  7. Y

PPPG Trike

Hi there. This is my first post on this forum, so I would like all welcome. I apologize in advance for my English language is not perfect. I plan to build a glider trike, but I need are some plans which I could build the project. If one of the users would be so nice and gave the address of where...
  8. Karaikun

Possible builder.....

Hi guys Short introduction I'm a 17 year old guy from southern Finland and i really got fascinated with these ultra/microlight aircraft when I saw one of the ultralight trikes :) Plans I am thinking of starting my own build, and I'm considering a ultralight trike for the simplicity, but I...
  9. R

Used Ultralight or Trikes; where to buy one???

Simple: I live near Burlington, WI, where is the best place to buy a used Trike or Ultralight? online or at an actual business? Thanks guys!:ban:
  10. Harley

Ultralight Trike Questions

Ultralight Trike Questions Hello all!:ban: So after being Inspired by the internet video “Surfing the Clouds" I have decided that my first endeavor into flying will be in a weight-shifting trike. Now...... the questions once again arise......Any help would be great! 1. I live in Burlington...
  11. Harley

Ultralight Trike Questions

Hello all!:ban: So after being Inspired by the internet video “Surfing the Clouds" I have decided that my first endeavor into flying will be in a weight-shifting trike. Now...... the questions once again arise......Any help would be great! 1. I live in Burlington, WI does anyone know where...
Back