• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Zenith 750 cruzer future builder questions?

Hey every one ! I got into this after getting my first few copies of kitplane magazine and now my future goal is to build one. My background is I'm a recent graduate mechanical engineer with focus in aviation,I started with rc cars but moved to rc planes,I built from micro to giant scale...
  2. dragon2knight

What's the easiest plans/kits built sheet metal plane for the massively inexperienced

Seriously, I'm ok with my hands, but never even tried to do anything on a scale this huge before. I have a two car garage at my disposal and can get whatever tools I need. I'm literally starting from scratch here. I'm a student LSA pilot, btw, 51 y.o., so I know this limits me a bit, and I'm...
  3. B

New to the site, not really into planes but I need help/advice with a new project

My name is Nate Thompson, I'm not really into planes, and I'm not a pilot or engineer. However, I am looking at starting a new project/experiment and I need some help and advice from you guys. I'm into action sports and I want to explore the idea of using aerodynamic aides and lifting body style...
  4. J

Hello

Hello everyone, I am Jack living in Foley, AL. I am orginally from Michigan stationed in Pensacola, Fl as an Air Traffic Control Instructor. Everything seams to be going High-Tech these days. I decided to attempt to complete a dream of constructing a good old fashioned slow flying wind in...
  5. C

Total newbie to any aircraft

I am thinking of embarking on an adventure. While I consider myself an intelligent person that is capable of paying attention to the detail and working hard to get desired results, I am by no means a mechanic, nor do I have any experience building aircraft. I am young and adventurous/stupid and...
  6. cattflight

Mile High newbie checking in...

Hi folks and a Happy New Year to all! I wanted to take this opportuity to introduce myself. I am a 40+ yo PP-ASEL transplanted from New York to Denver about 9 years ago. I learned to fly about 4 years ago and got the bug to build an E-AB from my CFI-turned friend, and Lancair 320 builder...
  7. AviatorKeith

Zodiac CH 650B kit a good choice for a newbie?

I was fortunate enough to find this forum through Google. My fascination with the number of people who have successfully built an aircraft at home prompted my research, which led me here. The thought of building my own aircraft interests me for a few reasons, not the least of which is the...
Back