• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

sonex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Airplane Wanted WTB a good time builder

Hi guys, I've been searching for a good little inexpensive to acquire and operate time builder (3.5/4 gph) to just fly around and take my daughter on trips. Was looking at planes like Pulsars, & Sonex's since they seem to fit the mission of building time with little money. I prefer a trigear...
  2. rv6ejguy

EFI VW Sonex

Peter van Schalkwyk's Sonex won Best Auto Conversion at SNF with SDS EFI: https://www.sonexaircraft.com/pete-wayne-snf-adventure/ Peter is a long time VW/SDS EFI user. He previously had a Waiex which first flew in 2010 using our EFI. He's presently experimenting with different intake manifold...
  3. B

Band new Aerovee 2.1

Brand new Aerovee 2.1 engine inventoried and put back in the boxes the engine came in. Has Sonex/Xenos/Waiex exhaust kit (A Model) Has Sonex /xenos /Waiex Baffle kit ( A Model) Oil pressure sender Oil Temp Sender Air filter assembly
  4. Sonex1517

Sonex nearing completion

Hi i have been lurking the board for years, not much to add so I keep quiet. I am just finishing a Sonex taildragger with a Turbo AeroVee after 4 years and 4 months of building. Looking forward to flying it soon!
  5. Bill Clapp

Information and Products for Corvair Power - Azalea Aviation

To all, For those interested, Azalea Aviation LLC is providing information and products for corvair enthusiasts. Check out our website at azaleaaviation.com We will respond to direct questions when able. Thank you. Bill Clapp
  6. dougwanderson

SONERAI CRAIGSLIST 6000

JUST LOOKING AROUND AND SAW THE CL POST. LOOK LIKE A GOOD DEAL. I DO NOT HAVE THE $ AND TO FAR AWAY FOR ME. Sonerai 2 Airplane
  7. V

Increase wingspan for less drag/higher cruise speed?

The question: Is there a way to figure out if an increase in wingspan is likely to decrease the drag of a particular design, and at what altitude that might happen? The background: The Vision design can be built in two versions: a shorter-wing "SP" and a longer wing "XP". The designer...
  8. antero

another new sheet metal guy...

What's up homebuilders! Nick from Hampton, New Hampshire writing.. I have been lurking around this website for a while and decided to join up. First off i would like to thank everyone here, there is a lot off good knowledge and experience on these pages! I am probably a lot younger than...
Back