• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

gyrocopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GyroGerald

Bensen Days Gyroplane Event

2. GyroGerald

Volkswagen powered Gyroplane fly’s

VW Gyroplane
  3. F

McCULLOCH 4318A ENGINES

I have 2 engines. I am asking $750 each. I have another post with props that can be bundled with the engines. The engines are in good condition but I have not run them.
  4. J

1993 EJ22 RAF 200 GYROPLANE $22,500.00

Dual controlled EJ22 RAF2000 GYROPLANE and custom built tilt-trailer. Trailer includes supports that allow for transport with rotors attached. Modifications included not found on standard EJ22: Rotor stabilator for electric roll trim. Rotor rpm assist,Subaru 130hp water cooled engine. Four blade...
  5. PatrickWensel

African Bush Gyrocopter

Hi All! My family and I are preparing to move to Tanzania in East Africa. We will be doing a variety of training and there is very little infrastructure for traveling the country. I am looking to build a 2 seater gyrocopter to transport myself and one other trainer to remote areas of the...
  6. C

Gyrobee/Gyrocopter questions

So I am extremely interested in building a gyrocopter! To my best understanding the gyrobee is my cheapest and easiest ultralight option. The biggest problem I am facing is that I want to build the cheapest but obviously still extremely reliable gyro. The biggest cost of the build is going to...
  7. J

gyrocopter control simplification

i thought of something, but i dont know how practical it would be. so i figured i would submit it for comment from the community. Gyrocopters' rotor usually have two controls, via the swashplate. pitch and roll. but i was thinking, is roll really all that neccissary, considering how much...
  8. A

Latest Version of the Hornet Gyrocopter Plans

Hello, I am looking for the latest Hornet GyroCopter plans. The latest I could find on the web is Version 13.2. However, I know there is at least a Version 14 out there. Does anyone have them or where I could get them? Reference: Gyroplanes, gyrocopters and gyrogliders
  9. 8

Bensen Gyro Project Parting Out

Hi everyone--I have a Bensen gyro project for sale/part out. It has a 72hp McCulloch 4 cylinder engine which has not been started in a number of years--looks decent, turns over nicely and has good compression. The magneto cover and cover clamp are missing. The prop is delaminating and needs...
  10. D

Gyrocopter engines newbie question

Hello. Im new here. I'm not planning to build anything yet. Just learning. And somehow it feels right to learn from those who know by asking lots of possibly silly questions. Trying to figure out how to determine appropriate engine choices. So far I learned that weight to power ratio is...
  11. T

4 bladed gyro-copter

As I understand it, one of the primary reason for autogyro crashes is the main blade impacts the tail (or something else) if it becomes unloaded. Would there be a benefit if a 4-bladed main rotor were used (each blade therefore being shorter and stiffer)? What are the considerations for doing...
  12. M

Filmmaker Looking for Gyrocopter

Hi All, I'm a filmmaker in Los Angeles, about to shoot a film that features a homemade gyrocoter and am looking to find someone in the LA area that might be willing to have their gyro appear in the film! Please contact me if you are and we can discuss details. OR - any suggestions or...
  13. M

Filmmaker looking for Gyrocopter

Hi All, I'm a filmmaker in Los Angeles, about to shoot a film that features a homemade gyrocoter and am looking to find someone in the LA area that might be willing to have their gyro appear in the film! Please contact me if you are and we can discuss details. Thanks! Best...
Back