• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

amphibious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. recmob

For Sale: Searey 'B' Hull (ONLY), Fiberglass $4000.00

If your repairing a Searey and need a hull, I have this 'B' hull available. This is not the most current hull style available from the factory, and requires a bit more skill to operate on water. Best if you already have time in a 'B' hull... however you would save significantly over the cost...
  2. M

Greetings from the Western Mountains of North Carolina.

Picture for my inspiration. I'm an A&P with fabric covering experience and have a serious bug to build an Anderson Kingfisher. There are some wonderful lakes around that are just begging to be explored. I don't yet have the plans for the Kingfisher and I'm trying to locate one that I can see...
  3. D

PuddleJumper 14" Amphibious Floats Front Gear Installation

Hello, I have a pre mid-1980's Puddlejumper Amphib Floats that have the old design with the front gear cable pull-up not the current telescopic design Puddlejumper has. Apparently when the company was sold, the new owners revamped their design and offer no help with the old design. I need to...
  4. D

Ideas for an amphibious electric self-launch hang glider/ultralight

Here are my initial ideas for an amphibious electric self-launch hang glider/ultralight: Use an ultralight trike wing or hang glider wing with strut bracing, and mount an electric motor and folding pusher prop to each strut. The concept would be similar to this: Wasp Wing twin engine...
  5. B

Alaskan Ultralgiht Plan... is it possible???

Hello World! My plan: I want to build an 103 ultralight for the purpose of sticking it on a trailer, driving it from metro Detroit area (via Alaskan Hwy) to around and about Fairbanks Alaska next summer. Want to use it to fly like 80 miles out of Fairbanks, camp out for a MONTH, flying...
  6. J

Any idea what this airplane is?

I recently acquired a kit plane (about 60% complete) that will look similar to this when completed, but, the guy I bought it from has no idea what it is (long story), and I am having trouble finding any other info as well. He has misplaced the logs and manual (promises he can find them), so, in...
Back