• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

biplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Smarcoux

Micro Mong challenge accepted.?

So after being thoroughly discouraged with the backwards momentum of my Pitts s1c project, I changed my energy direction for a bit. I picked up a Micro Mong (locally) with a lot done to it. I will make the improvement to change it to the"2xf" up grades from original. My only source is the...
  2. C

Airplane For Sale Sorrell SNS-8 Hiperlight [Project]

This is a kit build which is 80% complete. New price: asking $15,500. This Sorrell Hiperlight SNS-8 (Sorrell Negative Stagger) Bi-Plane is a single place biplane which can be completed as an ultralight, light sport, or experimental aircraft. 50hp Rotax 503 engine with dual carbs, dual...
  3. S

Starduster Too: Required Builder Skills

To anyone that can offer advice, Despite the thread title, this post is really about acquiring the skills to build a tube and fabric airplane. Many years ago I fell in love with the Stolp Starduster and its pretty sculpted wings. I have decided that the two-seat SA-300 Starduster Too, is the...
  4. Orsovolante

Model 17 Staggerwing 450-600Kg gross weight reply?

Ok. I am at work away from home and from the pile of wooden slats that should become my airplane. I have a lot of time to think and every now and then an idea comes up again. Premise. In Europe the rules on ultralight planes are much more permissive, as far as I know, than in the USA. I think...
  5. A

Part 103 low speed ultralight glider design (wing)

I need ideas of wing system for ultralight glider (such as Chanute, EasyRiser or Primary Instruction Glider) (may be biplane) low speed (25 - 40 hm/h) , weight of glider < 40 kg). My idea is next: biplane (wingspan - 6m, wing chord - 1.2m), S1210 airfoill...
  6. MauleOwner

Two Seperate Hatz Classic Projects

I have recently acquired two Hatz projects to sale for the current owner. I do not have the original plan sets or serial numbers at this time but are expected to arrive by courier in the next couple of weeks. Projects #1 – Hatz Classic – Project began construction in 2005 and ended in 2013. No...
  7. K

EAA Biplane Stainless Steel Wing Struts

I have these left over from a deal awhile back and they were hiding and are now getting in the way of my workshop space. They look to be in really good condition and the shine is still mirror like. I have some more pictures I will upload. Not sure on an asking price (had one guy who was gonna...
  8. C

Skybolt Project - Fuse on gear - parts

I am finally realizing I just dont have the time, or wont make the time, to finish this Steen Skybolt project I bought. There will also be some potential move stuff in my future, so I am putting it up for sale. I bought the Fuse as it sits ~2years ago from an A&P in Denver. He worked with the...
  9. Y

Question on wing configuration for a Biplane

I am currently working on designing a dual engine biplane and I was wondering does having either the top or bottom wing father forward or backwards have much of an effect? Such as this: http://aerofred.com/data/thumbnails/67/Wiley_Post_Biplane_Art_Kronfelt.jpg Opposed to having one over the...
  10. D

Joined wing/Stagger Wing/Control Wing/Seaplane/ trouble?

Hello all, I've been thinking about this for a few years, and just upgraded my CAD package, so decided to try to crystallize some of my thoughts about an alternative wing configuration. Eventually I'd like to try building this, though I'll likely RC model it first. My design goals were...
  11. D

EAA Biplane Plans to Trade

I am looking to trade for the following plans EAA Biplane - Model P EAA Biplane - Model P2 Acro Sport Acro Sport II Below is my list: WW II AIRCRAFT PLANS Supermarine Spitfire Messersmith 109 - incomplete Focke Wulf 190 - incomplete Merlin Engine technical plans Mustang FACTORY PLANS...
  12. H

boxed in sesquiplane twin - possible improved deflection of propeller slipstream

I have been toying with the idea of a boxed in sesquiplane twin , with junkers flaps on both wings and spoilers on main wing outer panels . I hope to gain improved low speed roll controll , lighter spar on main wing , and possibly less penelty from having the wings close togther (half cord...
  13. J

Hello

Hello everyone, I am Jack living in Foley, AL. I am orginally from Michigan stationed in Pensacola, Fl as an Air Traffic Control Instructor. Everything seams to be going High-Tech these days. I decided to attempt to complete a dream of constructing a good old fashioned slow flying wind in...
  14. topspeed100

Corcoran 65-1

I found this; Corcoran 65-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Anyone have a picture of it ?
  15. R

Hello from SE Michigan!

Hey everyone! My name is Ryan and i'm from SE Michigan (Metro Detroit area). I'm a student at Eastern Michigan University and am currently working on my CFI certificate. I grew up around airplanes, mainly homebuilt, as my dad was a builder and avid pilot. I love the homebuilt/experimental...
  16. Head in the clouds

AirToy

Hello all – This is a design exercise that has come about because of all the wonderful research and discussion that has taken place on the ‘A Challenge to you all’ thread. I have started a new thread for my own design exercise of an ‘improved’ ultralight to fit the US’s Pt 103 regulations...
  17. Meyaht

Open cockpit, seaplane, biplane, tandem dream.

Does this have to remain always a dream for me or are there some kind of plans out there that would hit all these criteria? Basically I've always wanted a plane like the one in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I just want something with an open cockpit that's easy to fly nice and slow that...
  18. JonnyPJohnston

SR-1 Hornet Ultralight Biplane redesign...

I have been redesigning this ultralight with a gentleman from Minnesota, Roger Oldre. We were due to fly this past August. however, due to a series of unfortunate events, Roger and his wife purchased a new home so no shop, and a couple others, we had to postpone our work. We WILL be flying this...
  19. Durand Sky Ranch

Bipe wing removal

Hey everyone! I am not sure if I am in the right area or not but I will give it a shot. I am moving a biplane that my grandfather built in 79. The plane is in great shape but I need to trailer it about 400 miles. I need to remove the wings and am looking for advice on the removal and maybe...
  20. P

Murphy Renegade Spirit Kit

I Have the newer style rectangular main spar partial parts kit, This has plans, build manuals [old and newer] , all bent pcs ribs ect, fiberglass parts, extrusions,and any hard to make parts Plus a prop. winshield, tailwheel and bracket, pito tube and about all the aditional aluminum tube and...
Back