• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

experimental

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Max Volume

German Experimental Aircraft of World War II #7 Blohm und Voss pt3

Next up...
  2. Max Volume

German Experimental Aircraft of World War II #6 Blohm und Voss pt2

This is an interesting batch;
  3. Max Volume

German Experimental Aircraft of World War II #5 Bachem and Blohm und Voss pt 1

Here's more;
  4. Max Volume

German Experimental Aircraft of World War II #4 - Arado pt 2

here we go -
  5. A

Airplane For Sale Thatcher CX4 Project - true afford-a-plane

Too many projects. Letting go CX4 #421. New GP-2180. Nearly ready for DAR/FAA Insp. Good documentation and quality work. Panel completed. Airframe completed except for cooling ducting and trailing wing-root fabrication. All parts except prop, carb, exhaust. Loc W13. $7800. 540-514-2184
  6. C

Airplane For Sale Sorrell SNS-8 Hiperlight [Project]

This is a kit build which is 80% complete. New price: asking $15,500. This Sorrell Hiperlight SNS-8 (Sorrell Negative Stagger) Bi-Plane is a single place biplane which can be completed as an ultralight, light sport, or experimental aircraft. 50hp Rotax 503 engine with dual carbs, dual...
  7. Dun

Two seat tandem: Asso X Jewel, suggestions?

Hello, I recently joined HBA and for the last few weeks I am in the process of preparing the workshop, gathering some tools, and researching information to decide on a type which has available plans to start the build. The criteria I have are these: Low wing monplane Two seat tandem Tricycle...
  8. GyroGerald

Bensen Days Gyroplane Event

9. 1

New member from TX, USA

Hello all, I'm in the Central Texas area, originally from Nebraska and have been a certificated private pilot since 2000. It's been a decade since I've been up and I'm really itching to start flying again. Homebuilt aircraft have been a life-long love affair (many, many models built) and I will...
  10. T

Has anyone built their own personal flying machine?

Hi there, I work for a television production company and I am currently doing some research into the exciting world of aviation. I am trying find stories of people who have built their own incredible and unusual flying machines and aircraft (or are still building), and was wondering whether...
  11. K

Spice Up Your Instrument Panel with These Bezels

I recently 3D Printed a Bezel I designed and it actually turned out really well. I test fitted it on my EAA Biplane and it looks great. I could use some extra funds for my Biplane project, so why not make it available to anyone who wants one. I'm not exactly sure yet on a price (I'll have to...
  12. S

ZENITH 701 - FOR SALE

ZENITH 701 • $18,950 • FOR SALE • AWC: MAY/2015, 8 total hrs AF & 10 total hrs SMOH by Rotax Rick, Annual Condition Inspection July/2016, Rotax 582, B-Box, IVO prop, elec. start/trim, Microaire M760 Comm and Microaire T2000 X-ponder, Lowrance 1000 GPS - specs and pics on request • Contact Cliff...
  13. T

SA-7 Stits

Fully assembled (engine cowling included) SA-7 Stits Skycoupe. Experiential aircraft design. Needs lots of work to make flight worthy. Currently located at South Salt Lake, Utah 84119-2415. No other information available. $6000.00 Call 508.789.697. NO TEXT MESSAGES OR EMAILS WILL NOT BE...
  14. A

Minimax 1400R for sale-almost complete

I have a Minimax 1400R for sale. I might also do a partial trade. I'm asking $2500. The landing gear still needs to be built. It needs wing tanks, engine, prop, covering, paint, instruments. Everything else is there. Respond with email or pm. I'm in Central, Illinois. Thanks.
  15. G

Wing In Ground Effect Craft Design

I would like to discuss the different aerodynamic designs of wig craft. Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated. To get the conversation started I am interested in a longer range craft powered by twin engines, either Chevrolet motors or aircraft motors. A craft that is similar to...
  16. C

1993 CHALLENGER II LSA

1993 CHALLENGER II LSA • PRICED FOR FAST SALE • Beautiful 1993 Challenger II, completely rebuilt in 2012 by Greg Klemp of Sheer Technologies. Extremely detailed records/pictures included of rebuild. Rebuild (completed a mere 25 hours ago) included all new fabric, desirable large tail, 70 SMOH...
  17. G

Experimentals and non-recreational/non-commercial activities

This question isn't strictly about homebuilts but more broadly about the experimental category and the rules that govern it. I'm an atmospheric scientist, and there is atmospheric research that would be best conducted from an ultralight or at least from a very low-speed, lightweight aircraft...
  18. halfscalemustang

Fairchild Ranger prop governor

I'm working on my P51 project and it's powered with a Fairchild ranger 440 in line six. I'm trying to figure out the prop situation, specifically a prop governor. Is there a spot on the engine to drive one? Were these engines ever outfitted with one? If not how does a guy pull off a scale...
  19. V

A Twin For Me

I have been a Pilot for 26 years and I am an animator. I have worked int he aerospace industry for the past 15 years creating realistic 3d imagery and animation for large and small companies including Boeing, Parker Aerospace and a few general aviation companies such as Epic and Lancair...
  20. B

New to the site, not really into planes but I need help/advice with a new project

My name is Nate Thompson, I'm not really into planes, and I'm not a pilot or engineer. However, I am looking at starting a new project/experiment and I need some help and advice from you guys. I'm into action sports and I want to explore the idea of using aerodynamic aides and lifting body style...
Back