• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

efi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rv6ejguy

Continental 4A084 SDS EFI Installation

One of my customers installed our EFI on his 084 engine. Just got it running a couple days ago. We've had a few others do this conversion in the past with just the EFI. This is the first one with EFI and spark control. Pretty neat.
  2. rv6ejguy

SDS EFI on a 180hp Kitfox

I was over a a clients shop today to help with an SDS EFI install on a 360 Lycoming in his Kitfox. He went with the dual ECU option running both fuel and ignition, eliminating the carb and both mags. It started right up after a few blades from cold and idled nicely at 400-500 rpm. He...
  3. rv6ejguy

EFI For Conti 550s

I was working on the final design of some parts for our kit to fit Continental 550 engines today- crank sensor, mount and coil pack mounts. Andy Findlay who raced our system at Reno this year and Mark Frederick, who lent me a crankcase for measuring, have both been of great assistance. Some of...
  4. rv6ejguy

SDS EFI New Features

Today we finished testing our new dual programmer board design coupled with the V29.4 software release. This incorporates 8 levels of LCD brightness and 16 levels of contrast adjustment. These features were in response to user requests to tone down the backlighting levels for night flying...
  5. rv6ejguy

LS3 Powered Murphy Moose

This is Scott Hermance's Moose with an LS3 conversion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wapGdKxOQ He's set up to help people do conversions with a mobile shop.
  6. rv6ejguy

Andrew Findley Takes 1st Place in EXP Sport AVC 2017 with SDS EFI

We're very proud of Andrew Findlay who took 1st place in the Experimental Sport Class in the Air Venture Cup Race last week in his twin turbo Lancair. Andrew is using our dual ECU 6F system for fuel and ignition control. He ran the plane at the Reno PRS in June also (middle photo). Andrew...
  7. rv6ejguy

Unleaded Avgas Availability in Europe, Australia?

We're getting more requests about information on closed loop EFI control from Europe. We've not included aviation specific closed loop control at this point due to to the still widespread use of leaded avgas in most parts of the world which is unfriendly to oxygen sensors. I understand that...
  8. rv6ejguy

SDS EFI/CPI Wins Design Award at Mojave Experimental Fly-in

We were very happy to receive the Best Design Award over the weekend at the Mojave Experimental Fly-in for our SDS EM-5 EFI systems and CPI ignition systems. I have to thank my friends Bill Beaton (left) and Ralph Inkster (right) who flew down to do a presentation for the judges and answer...
  9. rv6ejguy

Continental O-200 EFI

We finally acquired a serviceable Continental O-200 today to start development of a full EFI/EI kit for these engines to replace the carb and mags. We have a lot of people contacting us about this possibility as it's still a popular engine to use in lighter Homebuilts. In the past, we could only...
  10. rv6ejguy

Continental O-200 EFI

We've been supplying EFI components for these engines for about 20 years. Recently we've been getting more and more quote requests. I've therefore decided to work on a more bolt on solution for these engines so I'm looking for anyone who has an O-200 for sale, preferably in Canada for design and...
  11. rv6ejguy

World's Fastest Harmon Rocket

Bill Beaton from Calgary, ran some unofficial qualifying laps at Reno yesterday exceeding 281mph. He's running a supercharged Aero Sport Power IO-540 with SDS EFI/ CPI, ADI and Nitrous Oxide as a backup plan in case anyone gets too close... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHp2poqf_Bs
  12. rv6ejguy

SDS EFI 6 Cylinder Fuel Trim

Software is now complete and we're finishing bench testing on the individual cylinder fuel trim option this week and will be continuing with engine testing after that before going on to further engine testing later in August. This will be a twin ECU board offering, with backup and a new...
  13. rv6ejguy

SDS at Oshkosh 2016

I've had a number of people email and PM me about whether I'd be at Osh. The answer is no unfortunately. We've been too busy bringing new hardware and software to market in the last year and taking care of existing customers and orders to have time this year. You will be able to see and touch...
  14. rv6ejguy

New Lycoming Fuel Injector Mounts (EFI)

We just introduced these for parallel valve Lycomings. Adapter screws into stock injector ports, simplifying installation. Fits within stock baffling and cowling lines. Obviates the need for welding bosses to the induction tubes.
  15. rv6ejguy

SDS EM-5 ECU (EM56)

We are just starting to ship the latest SDS EM-5 ECU now with EM56 board and V 25.7 software. The EM56 now has on board coil drivers for up to 4 channels (as opposed to add-on daughter boards in previous EM-4 and EM-5 ECUs) and an additional analog input for something like an oil temp sensor...
  16. rv6ejguy

New Parts SDS EFI for Lycoming 320/360 engines

While we've provided EFI components and electronics for Lycoming engines for over 15 years, recent increased demand has led us to develop more components in house to make installations easier for customers. We've just completed a new series of CNC'd parts for the 4 cylinder Lycomings so we can...
  17. rv6ejguy

Jabiru EFI Kits

We now have kits in stock for Jabiru 2200 and 3300 engines. Our systems have been flying on Jabiru engines since 2009 and on many other engine types for the past 20 years: SDS EM-4: Aircraft Jabiru kits are pictured about 3/4 of the way down this page. Installation does involve removing the...
Back