• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

primary glider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Neville_DIY_Airplane

We have Holy Cows but can GOATs FLY?

Hi All, I am starting a thread that is certainly going to take time to pick pace. (thought I would let you know that right up front) I am from India and have been nurturing a dream of building Mike Sandlin's GOAT. That dream has been on for a looooong time ! Lots of water under the bridge... a...
  2. Deferred Defect

1929 Primary Glider Build Thread

Hello all, The purpose of this build log is to document the building adventures of several aviation college students in building a replica primary glider. All of us have various skills in this field, but this will be the first homebuilt project we have attempted. We all have an interest in...
  3. Deferred Defect

Howdy! Building a Primary Glider

Hello! I've got a group together that's just purchased the plan set for the Sands 1929 replica Primary Glider and the materials for the wing ribs and tails. All of us have various building skills, but this will be our first full sized aircraft project. Has anyone here had any experience...
  4. A

Very unique, Primary Glider.

Hello everybody. I wonder, if any one have, information about the Primary glider all made from aluminum and fabric, shown in the attached pictures. I found it on the internet, but seems like it has gone from anywhere I can look for. Any information about it's designer, manufacturer or else is...
  5. Hot Wings

Modern Primary Glider for training

I've got some spare time this weekend so here is what I've been spending some of that time on. A Modern Primary Glider, or MPG. For the purpose of this thread I'll defined an MPG as a basic training vehicle in the spirit of the old SG-38 primary gliders but built with more modern materials...
Back