• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

FOR SALE P-51 MUSTANG

FOR SALE P-51 MUSTANG 2/3 SCALE (66%) P-51 MUSTANG (SAL-51) Built in 1988, all wood construction covered with fiberglass. Powered by Ranger Aircraft Engine 6-440C-5, 200Hp straight 6 cylinder in line WWII engine, fully documented with overhaul manuals & parts list. Stressed +/- 10 G. Fully...
  2. halfscalemustang

Fairchild Ranger prop governor

I'm working on my P51 project and it's powered with a Fairchild ranger 440 in line six. I'm trying to figure out the prop situation, specifically a prop governor. Is there a spot on the engine to drive one? Were these engines ever outfitted with one? If not how does a guy pull off a scale...
  3. halfscalemustang

P-51 Replica Q&A

The V-12 Jurca Mustang that you have all seen on ebay and yes, Barnstormers is none other than mine, good ol halfscalemustang! The same wide eyed kid with a dream to fly a Mustang. The v-12'? guess where you've seen them before, you guessed it! Here! The exhaust and cooling scenarios have been...
  4. halfscalemustang

P-51 replica parts

Looking for engine cowlings, belly scoop, and other misc. parts to be used on 80% Jurca P-51 Mustang. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  5. halfscalemustang

quickie q2 prop

I recently got ahold of a Quickie Tri-Q2 with a revmaster R2100 engine. Im new to building homebuilts and dont really know where to go to find parts. Specifically a prop. Is there such a thing as buying a pre-made wiring harness? I have several instruments, but none of them have pigtails off of...
  6. p-5151

P-5151

Hi to everybody. My name is Giancarlo, I'm 44, pilot since 1997, rc pilot since 1980. I fly the Loehle P-5151 Mustang " Danny Boy 2nd ", The first 5151 built and flying in Italy. www.5151mustang.150m.com A wonderful 2011 to everybody and mani happy landings :ban: Giancarlo
  7. halfscalemustang

Have you seen this plane?

Has anybody seen this plane in action? Its a 50% scale replica of a P-51 Mustang, it attended oshkosh in 2001. I recently purchased it and have little to no back ground on it. Its tail number is as follows N151JV and was built by a small group of people with a fellow named James (Jim)...
  8. R

An interesting problem

My first ride in an airplane was in a Pitts Special S2C, and have been hooked ever since. I spent an entire summer working as ground crew for a friend who flew the Pitts in airshows all over Canada. This was an amazing experience but stepping out of the Pitts and into a c-150 to get my liscence...
Back