• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

subaru

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rv6ejguy

Subaru EJ22 Powered Zenith 750 Cruzer

Michael Hille in Australia does a good walk around discussion of his Subaru EJ22 conversion with SDS EFI. The music ends at 1:52 and the meat of the video starts there too.
  2. S

Subaru EA81

Hello all. I'm currently in the market for a new to me aircraft. One of the possible options is a ch601 powered by a Subaru EA 81 with a Johnson redrive. I can't find any recent information about these engines and how they hold up long term. Does anyone have any experience that can help me...
  3. rv6ejguy

Turbo Subaru RV8

Geoff Braddock flew his EJ257 powered RV8 on Dec. 27th in Australia Empty weight was 1187lbs. He's using an Autoflight H6 300 gearbox with 1.95 ratio and an IVO 68 inch in-flight adjustable prop. A few initial numbers: 2500fpm climb at 90 knots with full fuel running 5500 rpm and about 44...
  4. C

Zenith 601 HDS/Subaru EA81 -75% built

G'day! I've got a partially complete (about 75%) Zenith 601 HDS taildragger for sale. I am the third owner of the project, but all of the major construction was done by an 8x aircraft builder in NY. The tail section is finished, wings are about 99% done, and the fuselage is about 60% finished. I...
  5. rv6ejguy

Race 84 is Back!

A few weeks ago we had people with no Subaru experience disparaging these engines in aircraft. I'll present a counterpoint here. Russell Sherwood has been flying his Subaru EG33 powered Glasair for over 15 years- not just flying it, but racing it in SARL cross country races with high continuous...
  6. R

Wiring Harness Subaru Forester 2.5L

2001 Subaru Forester 2.5L Engine Wiring Harness. Call Rick @772-283-4834 $125 OBO + Shipping
  7. Head in the clouds

Timber Tourer - Spruce and Diesel

Folks, I am posting this to help a new friend and new HBA member getting started with the site. Kierie Pieterse is a retired commercial pilot from South Africa and has been having trouble with the site's log-in and 'vanishing posts' problem and had almost given up. I am interested in his...
  8. A

4 cinlander Subaru engine 165HP

Looking for pictures and information on how the waterlines are run. Where the electric fuel pumps are located. Electrical system how the exhaust is run. Where can I purchase individual components. You can email me at: [email protected]
Back