• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

aerobatic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Scheny

Beast Horus

You may know this aircraft from the previous thread, where I designed it starting from 2015. Well, the project has gained traction and we registered a company building the prototype right now. This new thread is for showing the progress and giving you the opportunity for asking questions. You...
  2. R

Pilot emergency parachute survey

Do you wear a pilot emergency parachute? How often? Only phase one testing? Aerobatics? Formation flying? Every flight? Back type? Long back type? Seat type? Chest type? Ballistic recovery system? Do you strap a PEP on passengers?
  3. J

Wing Shape and Flight Characteristics

I’ve been going through Dan Raymer’s book on aircraft design for homebuilders; it's great! Now I’m at the point to design my wing and this is the first place I’ve gotten stuck. My aircraft mission is to be competitive in the aerobatic world, capable of all the advanced maneuvers normal and...
  4. Head in the clouds

Best flying skills I've ever seen!

OK, it's RC model flying but - wow, I've never seen anything even slightly close to this... Joe Smiths Friday Noon Demo with the 3D Hobby Shop 104" AJ Slick --Joe Nall 2011 - YouTube Please post a link if you know of anything comparable to this. Enjoy, Alan
  5. B

All aluminum tube Aerobatic

Good evening everyone. I have a plan in the design process to build a personal design. It will be a light sport type experimental. The plan is to build the entire structure out of aluminum tube. I apologize for no drawing at the moment but it resembles something like a 70% scale super...
  6. topspeed100

A 4 engine jet as homebuilt ?

I introduced in the wood structure area an idea of a 4 engine jet ( 4 x model engines ). To top the existing Cri Cri and BD-5 records for the smallest jet. Would that have difficulties in regulation side ? Engines are to be overhauled at just 25 hours of use ? Also pilots eligible to fly a...
  7. G

HELP: two-seater aerobatic with removable wings?

Hi all, I am looking for a two-seater design (perferably side by side) with sport aerobatic capability with two on board plus some fuel and it must have folding or easily movable wings. All building materials are OK. They say there are over 300 homebuilt airplane designs, but I just can't find...
  8. Dana

New design project: Aerobatic ultralight biplane

Like many pilots, "I want it all". Unfortunately nobody's making the low cost fully aerobatic ultralight amphibian bush plane I want :dis:, so I guess a few compromises are in order. After the UltraStar I'm flying now only meets two of those criteria (ultralight and low cost). One could put...
Back