+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 123456711 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: preceptor aircraft

Angry preceptor aircraft

Does any one know if this company is still in business? A friend sent this guy a substantial amount of money for some aircraft parts and has received nothing. All calls go unanswered. I would hate to think we need to drive way up there just to get our parts.

Craig

Thumbs down Re: preceptor aircraft

Preceptor Aircraft had a good reputation at one time many years ago when others ran it. But the guy Duwayne that runs it now, I think has serious issues and is a flake. Itís basically a one-man operation from what Iíve been told, and he doesn't do diddly squat! Iíve tried for about two years off and on to get one response from him, either through phone, e-mail or snail mail. Iíve moved on so never had the oppurtunity to even put money down on a plane, and wouldn't have judging from how they never got back with me on basic inquiries. On the phone or their web-site itís always one excuse or the other of why he supposedly is having trouble getting back to you. I never heard anything other than an answering machine. This guy is slowly going the way of Bradley Aircraft if he hasn't already. Plan on a trip.

Re: preceptor aircraft

I would stay well clear of Duwayne Counts. Wrongway John is right on the money with his comments. I bought and paid for an Ultrapup kit in February 2009 and was promised a 3 month delivery. Well I have not received my kit yet. If I manage to contact Duwayne he promises the world, all empty promises.
    I went the Rutherfordton NC to see him and the factory is nothing but a run down shed, he "works"on his own ,there are no other employees. You may notice he has started advertising 25% discount for Oshkosh specials. The man is a scam artist as far as I am concerned, anyone looking at buying a kit from him needs to know this.

I have tried numerous times to contact "preceptor aircraft" for info and to purchase a set of plans with no response. I lived not far from the "preceptor factory" and tried a couple times to stop by and as the last poster said, it is nothing but a run down hangar. I have stopped trying and suggest everyone else move along to a good reputable company. I am still fascinated by amount of people trying to build one of their Stol King's even thought here is not a single demo, or test aircraft out there and the one or two that have flown are no longer airworthy due to structural failure or other symptoms.

re: preceptor aircraft

I hope more will file complaints with the attorney general in that state or at least file a report with the BBB, that have lost money, very few have done so. The BBB gives this company an F rating. Click on the BBB link to file a report and/or also click on other links to read about this company.

There are plenty of reputable aircraft companies that have a long standing and good reputation with their customers and are financially sound, have plenty of good customer support and actual employees to meet all of your needs as many can attest to on these boards. This just isnít one of them.
    Stephen1942 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter3562 View Post
    I dropped in on Dewayne last week....There is a commercial realestate "for sale" sign out front.
    That's easy enough to check. Typed in a google with Preceptor Aircraftís address under real estate listings, and sure enough you're right. I got this listing:

http://www.weichert.com/32678596/

Thanks for the heads up. Pics donít show a single plane in those pics inside the building, let alone room to make any plane parts.

Iím not sure why he still has his web page going, everything about it seems bogus on what he is promising. He needs to shut down completely, or at least sell the existing business to see if someone can do something with it and get its good reputation back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway John View Post
    That's easy enough to check. Typed in a google with Preceptor Aircraftís address under real estate listings, and sure enough you're right. I got this listing:

http://www.weichert.com/32678596/

Thanks for the heads up. Pics donít show a single plane in those pics inside the building, let alone room to make any plane parts.

Iím not sure why he still has his web page going, everything about it seems bogus on what he is promising. He needs to shut down completely, or at least sell the existing business to see if someone can do something with it and get its good reputation back.
    Is it the hangar for sale, or maybe the business?
    It would be great if someone would properly revive the line again!

Link's been deactivated - maybe he unloaded. Or the lease ran out.
    Percy in SE Bama (used to live in Spindale)

Duwayne is offering a September special, but his internet is down and he doesn't answer the phone. He has not delivered kits ordered 2 years ago, this is not hear say, it is fact. Anybody wanting to order a kit, please be very cautious. This man is a scammer. A few internet sites rate Preceptor Aircraft and the products very highly, this information is old , not updated and stems from the time when his father ran the company. You money is better spent else where, If you do not believe me , please spend a few extra dollars and go and visit the company, you will be horrified.

He's been offering 25% off for some time. It may be this time his e-mail is down, but he's used that reason before. As well as a virus attack has shut his e-mail down before too. His site once stated telephone lines are down. And numereous times on his answering machine it has said there has been a death in the family, but to leave the usual message between such and such hours, only for him still never get back to you at any time.

Although he's claiming his e-mail is down, notice the site says it is still able to take your orders. For those doing so, good luck with all of that.

Since a couple of you on this thread have said you have lost money, I don't know why you do not go ahead and file the complaint with the BBB, and see if they can do anything for you. I've had mostly good results with that organization.

Hey Gents,

Can't help you with Preceptor, but if you need parts, there I can help you. I'm an EAA member, who just happens to have a CNC machine shop at home. I've been building STOL King and Pup series parts for plan holder. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Incidently, I don't ask for you to pay for your parts until they are ready to ship.

Glen

T22

Thank you all for the updated information here! A buddy of mine and I were seriously pursuing the Ultra Pup until reading this. Thank you for saving us a lot of wasted time, energy, and potentially money! Same as posted here, I tried emailing but got my email kicked back to me. Tried calling, left a message, and have yet to hear anything back. Sheesh...

You know, im really truely sad to hear about Preceptor going down the tubes. I fell in love with the pups years ago and when i dealt with the company, Duwayne was really helpful. When a lot of these other planes came out, i really missed that over the years, that Preceptor didnt have a place at Oshkosh. I still believe that these little airplanes are the greatest thing since sliced bread. only thing that buggs me is that they dont weigh in as a legal ultralight. other than that they seem like they have a great safety record and fly well~much to bad . .. .

Sometimes you just have to ask! Iíd really like to hear from each of you who have paid Perceptor Aircraft for a kit, supplies or parts. Reading the many posts it looks like some of the kits were paid for as much as 18 months ago and youíve received nothing. Basically, Iíd like to know what you orders, how much you put down and when it was to be delivered. Now itís your turn to ask why! Basically, Iíd like to bail Perceptor Aircraft out by picking up their liabilities and in so doing being able to take control of the company. Iím estimating that Perceptor may have somewhere between 50 and 60K in undelivered product. I think itís a viable product line that needs to be better managed and supported.
    Iíve been a pilot and an air traffic controller since the mid 1960ís. In Viet Nam I flew as a .50 Cal door gunner in the Ch-46, Iíve served as a Marine Corps Drill Instructor, been a Warrant Officer and finally retired at the grade of Major and as the Executive Officer of a Marine Corps Squadron. After retirement I managed large airports, built up an aviation fuel service and finally retired to become a home based CNC metal cutting business. Iíve built EAA aircraft, large sailboats (38í) and been a now non-current CFII since the early 1970ís. In 1976 I was appointed as an FAA designated Examiner for Air Traffic Controllers. Point is that Iíve been involved in aviation for nearly 50 years. I think that I have the resources and capability to turn Preceptor around, get the kits and parts out that have been ordered and make a go of what was once a well-run and prosperous Experimental Aircraft Business. Iíve asked Duwayne to call me as he has in the past, but that email was just returned. So Iíll call him again in the morning.
    Iíd really appreciate your quick responses to the above request of information. Iíd also ask that you let others who have the same issue know about my request for information. If I should fail I suggest that you start looking at how to recover your funds.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Marine View Post
    Sometimes you just have to ask! Iíd really like to hear from each of you who have paid Perceptor Aircraft for a kit, supplies or parts. Reading the many posts it looks like some of the kits were paid for as much as 18 months ago and youíve received nothing. Basically, Iíd like to know what you orders, how much you put down and when it was to be delivered. Now itís your turn to ask why! Basically, Iíd like to bail Perceptor Aircraft out by picking up their liabilities and in so doing being able to take control of the company. Iím estimating that Perceptor may have somewhere between 50 and 60K in undelivered product. I think itís a viable product line that needs to be better managed and supported.
    Iíve been a pilot and an air traffic controller since the mid 1960ís. In Viet Nam I flew as a .50 Cal door gunner in the Ch-46, Iíve served as a Marine Corps Drill Instructor, been a Warrant Officer and finally retired at the grade of Major and as the Executive Officer of a Marine Corps Squadron. After retirement I managed large airports, built up an aviation fuel service and finally retired to become a home based CNC metal cutting business. Iíve built EAA aircraft, large sailboats (38í) and been a now non-current CFII since the early 1970ís. In 1976 I was appointed as an FAA designated Examiner for Air Traffic Controllers. Point is that Iíve been involved in aviation for nearly 50 years. I think that I have the resources and capability to turn Preceptor around, get the kits and parts out that have been ordered and make a go of what was once a well-run and prosperous Experimental Aircraft Business. Iíve asked Duwayne to call me as he has in the past, but that email was just returned. So Iíll call him again in the morning.
    Iíd really appreciate your quick responses to the above request of information. Iíd also ask that you let others who have the same issue know about my request for information. If I should fail I suggest that you start looking at how to recover your funds.
    I'm not quite sure if you have enough qualifications to do this. I mean...reading what you wrote...it makes me wonder.

Ok, I'm kidding. I had to laugh when I read this, you are so over qualified and you seem so enthusiastic, by golley, I wish you the best in your endeavor. And never give up!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Never fly faster than your guardian angel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 123456711 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. December 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM