• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How to get the most out of waterjet cutting from Big Blue Saw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Arthur

parts3.jpg

Based on my last post here, it looks like there's a hunger for information about exactly what Big Blue Saw can do for you and what it will cost.

Cost: You can get an immediate quote on our website. No waiting: just upload your design, pick a material, and add the parts to your shopping cart. It's like ordering from any other e-commerce website. Hopefully we're as easy to use as Aircraft Spruce, Wicks, etc. Here's the URL where you can get instant pricing:
Big Blue Saw Get a Quote - Big Blue Saw

We've also got a pile of examples here. See below for my plea for more aircraft-related examples:
Sample Files for Instant Online Quotes for Waterjet and Laser Cutting - Big Blue Saw

Capabilities: The online quoting system can give you a price on parts up to about 36x48 inches or so. If you want something larger (we can do up to 12x10 feet), please contact us at [email protected] . Large parts often require special shipping arrangements.

Materials: We offer a large variety of materials in the online quoting system. The complete list of materials available is online.
We can waterjet cut most metals and many composites as well that are not on the list, so if you have something special, e-mail [email protected] . This would include things like 7075 aluminum, chrome-moly in different thicknesses, composites, etc.

Bonus Tip: To get the best price on waterjet cutting through our online quoting system, check out our best tip on saving money with the online quoting system.

Please do let me know if you have any questions. I'm still looking for CAD files for various aircraft parts that were mentioned in the previous thread. Here are a few:

Propeller extensions, alternator mounting brackets, other engine accessory mounting brackets, landing gear legs, axles, fittings, links, etc., rudder pedal hardware, control systems, wing attach fittings, bell-cranks, push-pull rod fittings, canopy latch, trim control system fittings, instrument panels, control surface actuators and hinges, spar web, spar cap, rib blanks, skin panels

If anyone has a DXF or other CAD file for any of these, let me know so I can add them to the examples page.

Back