• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Chinese Copies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

Hi Guys,

Wondering around the threads here I noticed a few discussions about some China "reverse engineered" items and other comments relating to Chinese copies. A search for user '1946' will help along with examples.

What many of you don't know is that IPR laws in China are very sound and very much against copying, I'm sure a few of you are smirking at that statement but the thing is Western people don't have a clue how to approach it or how to get around "Guanxi" (relationship) issues that tend to protect the cheaters.

So if you are a manufacturer or know of one that feels he is being copied please contact me, I maybe able to help, my wife is one of China's leading lawyers and just loves IPR cases because she always wins and always takes the cheats to town - actually she's put a few into another type of town as well.

Also if you want to do something in China please feel free to contact me for free advice, especially about contracts, so many Westerners get burnt here it's really sad but I have been able to advise a few to better tidings and save a few asses not to mention wallets. My wife's law firm has many companies for clients and if you're looking for manufacturing or other business here, in some cases I can introduce you to good honest Chinese businessmen - yes they really do exist but they are thin on the ground.

I'm Australian btw but in my 10th year living here manufacturing (own company) - aircraft stuff to come ....

All the best,
Cheapy :)

[email protected]

Back