• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DFW, TX. Anyone Own or Building or Want to Build SG-38 Glider?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Flyer

Since joining HBA, I have become fascinated by the German SG-38 Primary Glider that was built in 1938.
I've been watching all the videos I can find, and reading how they were used in many countries to train young pilots in the 30's, 40's, and 50's.
I recently got to fly in an ASK-21 glider and I really enjoyed it.
I plan on pursuing a glider pilot license next year, if possible.
However, I love the minimalist look of the SG-38.
I think it would still be a great trainer for kids using some of the techniques used in Lithuania and the Czech Republic. Helping kids learn to fly is my primary objective.
Is there anyone or any student group in the DFW area interested in building a SG-38 Glider?
Thanks.

Back