• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

I told one of my astronomy friends about my hang gliding plans...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

He had just told me how fun parasailing was, being towed behind a boat, lowered enough to dip his feet in the water and then raised back up with the speed of the boat. He said he was scared at first, but then realized it is very safe. That is when I told him I plan to go hang gliding some day. He said he thinks that is dangerous. I asked him why he thinks it is dangerous, and his answer was, "For hang gliding, you have to know what you are doing".

Back