• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need help from Kitfox owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomzoooie

I am trying to find out the differences and measurements between Kitfox Models I - IV, aside from the published information.

- Is there a difference across the left and right wing joiner pin distance?
- Is there a difference of the frame width across the front door posts?
- Is there a difference between the doors, which ones will interchange? Would model I doors fit later models aside from the lower double angles?
- Is there a difference in frame height from the wing joiners to the bottom of the frame?
- Are the cowls from model I - III interchangable?
- Is the width and height of the cowl mounting surfaces of a model IV the same as earlier ones? In otherwords would it fit the earlier models? I know the model IV has a longer windshield angle.
- what models are the windshields interchangeable?
- Will the model IV windshield fit earlier models provide using the model IV cowl?
- Is there a difference in distance from the door forward to the prop flange?

Any any additional measurements and differences for each model would be appreciated it.

Latest posts

Back