• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CX5 as Stuka???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whithead

Been mulling over a crazy idea once I saw the outline of the new Thatcher CX5 coming out soon.

I have been wanting a psuedo-wwii looking plane and, once I saw the side view of this, it struck me that it could be painted up to look like a Ju 87...not a lot like ;) but it still might be kind of cool and a little different.

Attached is a side view of the color scheme I am cosidering along with my best attempt to impose on the CX5 outline with powerpoint. It actualy looks better if you shrink it to 33%...

It SHOULD look better using the correct RLM paints on the real thing.

Do you think this is stretching things too far? LOL

View attachment CX5 Outline.pdf

Back