• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for controls designs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmig

If you guys (gals?) remember, I am planning on building a T-38 simulator cockpit. I have written to Columbus AFB, MS requesting permission to take pictures of and measurements of one their simulators. I have already gotten quite a few internal measurements and pictures. Next week I will be in Oklahoma City, OK where they have a T-38 on display outside of Tinker, AFB. I plan on getting some more pictures and measurements off this static display bird.

What I would like to see are the various methods real airplanes use in the rudder and control stick designs. The more different designs of control horns, rudder peddles attachments and designs the easier it will be for me to build something that will look and function like the real controls.

Seldom do you see pictures of the internal construction of homebuilt airplanes. I do not feel the expense of buying plans from a designer, just to see how he/she controls the airplane is justifiable. Besides, I many would I have to purchase to find what I need? Do any of you have pictures, drawings or CAD files that you would be willing to share with me? A photo copy from the plans scanned into your computer would help. You can post them here or email them to me.

Thanks,

Back