• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Repairing an oops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgwendling

I was hanging my completed wing from the rafters a week ago and I broke one of the compression struts.:( It happens to be in a most tight spot to fix. The geodedic strips don't leave much room to maneuver but that isn't what is keeping me from fixing it.
I don't know how to remove the strut without destroying the spar.:confused: I used T-88 epoxy, so is there a way to soften it with heat or some other way (ie chemicals)? I know the gussetts are a write-off and probably the lower compression strut but I have to figure out a way to save the spar from damage. The spar is spruce with 1/8 " ply web if that helps any.

Any suggestions will be welcome.
:smile:

Attachments

• compression spar.jpg
    compression spar.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 457
Back