• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Arrow GT500 Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomzoooie

I've been searching for engines for my design project and came across the Arrow GT 500 2 stroke horizontally opposed 65hp, 500cc engine with dual ignition weighing 85lbs with starter, alternator and gear reduction. It appears to be an Italian design no longer in production.
It's supposed to have a about a 500 hour time to rebuilt which is pretty short considering parts are hard to find. I was told a dealer has a good supply of parts which I yet have to confirm.
It appears to be a good choice with a good power to weight ratio if it is reliable.

I would like to know what the rpm range and full consumption is.

Does anyone have any experience with these engines?

Back