• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

extra long Pietenpol fuselage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erkki67

Hello there

I was wondering if this was the right place to ask about it but here it comes:

I'm thinking of building a Pietenpol or look a like.

I'm 6'6,5" tall and weigh 230lbs and I still would like to take a passanger with me aloft, of the same weight if possible.

As an engine I would like to use a Peugeot TU3D an diesel engine widely used over here in France in cars and some airplanes.

My size explains why I would like to get an extra-long fuselage.

I would be receptive for a welded steel fuselage and or a riveted aluminium one, but so far I haven't found anything suitable.

I'd like the idea of using some cub parts, like it's landing gear and controls and even a wing of the cub.

I would realy like the idea of an Pietenpol look a like!

Who has some ideas or even knowlege to stretch an existing Pietenpol or Grega or....

My very best rgds

Erkki

Back