Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tell us what you are building!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re: Tell us what you are building!

here's what I'm building.......... only 2 weeks in to it so far. a life size BF109 G10 sculpture in Aluminium.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture39735-mocking-up-front-canopy-getting-.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	39738

2. Likes Head in the clouds liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

great picture's you all posted: this plane. vp fuselage.bmpvp wings.bmp GET'S to sit with the rest. Scrounging part's and trying to keep my hand's dirty. KR2 is getting close I guess! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0522.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	40263
    KR-2, Taylor Mono,

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just completed an Aerodrome Aeroplanes Eindecker EIII replica. Rotax 503 engine, dacron and latex paint with vinyl markings.

5. Likes Topaz, delta, BJC, mcrae0104, whizzywhizzer and 5 others liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am building An STOL plane that can take 50kg payload

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just received the fin and rudder kit for a mini max 1100R need to finish my work bench as delivery was faster than expected and then to start cutting and glueing

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BF-109 life size

update 29-july-2015 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture41914-27-july-2015.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	41959 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture41963-some-detailing-going-into-plane.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	41965
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture41912-27-july-2015.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	41960 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture41911-27-july-2015.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	41961

9. Likes bmcj, Topaz liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We, (a group of 25+ volunteers) are going to build a Sopwitch Camel replica kit.
    If all goes as planned, the plane will fly to England (to the Aerodrome of Stow Mares) at the 22th of decembre, 2016.
    At this moment there is only a frame, and the engine So there is a lot of work to be done.

11. Likes bmcj liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We, (a group of 25+ volunteers) are going to build a Sopwitch Camel replica kit.
    If all goes as planned, the plane will fly to England (to the Aerodrome of Stow Maries) at the 22th of decembre, 2016.
    At this moment there is only a frame, and the engine So there is a lot of work to be done.

13. Likes Topaz liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all,
    I'm on the way to build a low wing, all metal teenie two. At the moment I'm trying to find and buy 2024 aluminum sheets, a BMW R1150 or 1200 engine, PSRU and prop.
    Any thoughts welcomed..

15. Likes bmcj, Topaz liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Forum. I have a lot of questions as I am new to the world of aviation. Oddly what I am looking to build is not truly classified as an airplane. I am looking to build a Class-C WIG, Wing In Ground Craft based off of the RFB X-113 craft build in the 1970s shown here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_X-113 . I am going to try and keep my build as close to the original specs as possible but I may try and make it a little bigger. I have been studying up on build materials and I would like to try a few alternative ideas on the material but my main hangup is the power plant. Many of the older WIGS used 40hp and 70hp BMW motorcycle engines. I have read a lot of debate on some other forums on the use of motorcycle and car engines for airplanes. Its seems many have done this however and I wanted to power my craft using a Suzuki 1100 CC engine. These engines are extremely strong and most motorcycle engines should be set for the RPMs needed. Now my questions around this engine or any motorcycle engine are,, 1. Would I use a step down gear or go prop strait to shaft? Can I use a fuel injected engine or do all engines need to use a carburetor? I saw a few posts against the idea of using a motorcycle engine for a plane stating that motorcycle engines could not sustain the RPMs for lengthy flight. Now I do not know about airplanes but I have ridden motorcycles for many years and I have done plenty of 200 - 600 mile trips on bikes with long hours of highway riding where the bikes engines like to live around 4500 - 7000 rpms. Anyway, thank you for any input that any of you can give me. I am not sure if anyone on here has ever build a WIG or not. My main use of this craft will be to stay in Ground Effect as much as possible so the load on the engine would be much less than a regular aircraft of its size, and I wanted to capitalize on the 130hp engine to try and have a cruising speed between 80 - 100 mph.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinpine View Post
    I sure enjoyed many of the links to web pages and projects.
    I have been working on a Fisher Horizon 1 for exactly one year this week. I stopped working on March 23, and didn't resume until October. I am amazed at how quickly this plane is coming together. It is a PFA approved design, has been tested to destruction, and there are numerous flying examples. I expect to have it sitting on the gear uncovered for about $1500. I used Sitka spruce which I purchased rough cut in Boston and all aircraft approved plywood and AN hardware, with T-88 epoxy. I have cut no corners, other than purchasing some local spruce for such things as fuselage longerons and rib caps.

Every time someone posts that they are looking for a solid, inexpensive 2 seater, I want to yell, "build a Fisher Horizon!!!"

Here is my web site: Fisher Horizon airplane construction
    haha, well my project languished for another 10 months. Finally finished the landing gear. Hope to see this Horizon finished this year.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whizzywhizzer-albums-bf109-g10-sculpture-life-size-picture47367-11-feb-2016.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	47385 11 - feb - 2016

19. Likes steveair2 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

pietenpol air camper Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	58921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	58921

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi, planning to build Q1. Prepping up to start soon. I've read a lot about canard issues in Q1, bug and rain for one, but LS1 design for canard resolve that issue. The only problem is the stall speed being very high, but that's up to pilot to handle that.
    A question on composites: for wing and canard I need 7" thick styrofoam, 2lb/ft^3 density. Locally available styrofoam is 2lb, but is only 2" thick.
    Can I bond 2 to 3 blocks to get required thickness or should I suck it up and buy it from Aircraftspruce or wicksaircraft.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ldpe-foam-sheet-889978.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	58929

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, you can. 3M 77 adhesive spray is what I have been recommended for the purpose as it won't grab a hotwire like a micro join will, but I haven't done any styrofoam parts to try it, yet.

23. Likes pictsidhe liked this post