• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Flap-Pitch Trim Mixer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GESchwarz

My design includes large flaps and a trim adjustable stabilizer. I'd like to be able to automate most of the trim adjustment when the flaps are deployed via a mechanical mixer control. I'm kind'a stumped on how to do it.

I'd like to be able to have the manual trim independent of the flap, but when the flap is moved, I want it to engage the trim. The stabilizer is actuated by standard trim wheel to sproket to chain to cable to chain to sproket to lead screw. Pretty standard. I've searched everywhere and I'm beginning to believe that no one has made a Flap-Stabilizer Trim Mixer, or even a Flap-Elevator Mixer.

Back