• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Alum tube and wood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newflyer

Didnt know whether to put this in the tube or wood section so sorry if it is wrong.

I was wondering what the best way to attach thin plywood sheets to aluminum tube would be. I considered covering my fuselage with wood sheets instead of dacron, but didnt know the best way to attach the two surfaces. Would rivets work good to hold the wood down?

Back