• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tube center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planecrazzzy

Hey Guys,
A quick little tool I made came in handy , and worked pretty good...

I was putting my door skin on the frame....

it was a little awkward finding the center of the tube when measured and drilled...

some holes were SLIGHTLY off center....

This tool will slip over the skin.... as it touches the tube...

depending what size tube , I can drill it in center every time...

The Jig has three holes , for tube sizes 1/2" - 3/4" - 1"

Anywho... it was a simple tool to make , here's some pictures...
Gotta Fly...
Mike & "Jaz" the Flying Dog

Buttercup - STOL - Aircraft
Buttercup-STOL : Buttercup STOL

Firestar I&II - STOL - Aircraft
Kolb_Firestar : Firestar

Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down...

Back