• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Inverted Rotax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylon500

Supporting Member
G'Day All, just want to hear from others that have invert mounted Rotax's with regards to oiled up plugs and starting. :mad:
I previously had an inverted single ignition 503 in my plane, that never seemed to give much trouble.
If parked for any more than a month or so, I'd have to pull the plugs and flush out the oil, then away I'd go. :rolleyes:
I now have a 582 in the same place (no oil injection) and will have to pull the plugs even the day after flying! :wail:
This engine is cowled, and it is a real pain in the A@# to get at the plugs.
I thought maybe the primer system was leaking, so disconnected it, no change.
I haven't done that drill hole in the rotary disc housing, would that much oil seep through from the carbi's when stopped?
I always turn my fuel off.
Any ideas? :confused:
Arthur.

Attachments

• 582.jpg
    582.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 4,422
Back