• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Poly fittings on ultralight wings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerJerky

Hey guys. Been checking this site out for a while but this is my first post.
My son and I are rebuilding a Beaver RX-28 Ultralight. My question is, what do you guys think about using the poly rib tip fittings and rear spar contour fittings to hold the aluminum ribs in place when using poly fiber to cover the wing? The examples where I see them used have them riveted through the fitting and into the spars. What do you more seasoned builders think about using them in this manner versus using an aluminum rib clip riveted to the spar and then to the inside of the rib after the end of the rib is smashed?
Or if some one has a completely different suggestion that would be great too.
Thanks in advance for your help.
dj

Back