• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenoah G50 Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zman

I have a new Zenoah G50D 45 HP 2-stroke air cooled engine for my Ison Aircraft 1300 kit I'm building (that's where the "Zman" came from). I would like any comments from people that have flown with this engine, good or bad. It doesn't seem to be used on a lot of designs other than the Ison Aircraft 1200, 1300, & 1400. I have heard stories about getting 600 hours without a rebuild, and on the other side, sudden seizures with low time engines.

If you have good or bad experience with the Zenoah G50, I would like to know these facts;

1 - Which model plane are/were you flying?

2 - Was it the fan cooled G50C or free air cooled G50D?

3 - What is/was your oil mix ratio and brand of 2 stroke oil?

4 - What brand and size/pitch prop did you use?

5 - Is your starter mounted low or at the new higher position?

6 - Do you have Keihin or Mikuni carbs?

7 - Did you have any trouble with carbs "spitting" fuel into air filters?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I want to learn as much as possible about this powerplant before I fly it into the experimental blue yonder. Thanks.

Back