• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiddlesticks

Ok so here is the story. I found a glider in a glider trailer at my local airport. I believe it has bee sitting there for around 14 or 15 years. When i asked the owner of the airport the story behind the craft they said that someone came in droped the trailer and left without giving a name, number or any information.

I looked up the tail number (N1031E) and found out that it is a high performance homebuilt soaring glider.

My question is what are the rules with something like this?
God forbid this is the the case but what if the owner passed away, the glider would be sitting there forever if there was not another way for someone to own it.

Basically, if the owner builder was never heard from again what happens to the aircraft?

Is there a way of getting it re-registered and flying where it should be?

Thanks,
G

Back