• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Changing carburettor location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenoitLescot

Hi,

I'm focusing on the Rotax 503 and Simonini Victor 1 for my project, both use the Bing carburettor , but I'm out of space, engines are to be mounted in engine nacelles on the wing, idealy round with the prop axis in the middle. I already have to enlarge the nacelles to fit the engines but the carburettor is still sticking out and it would make no sense to continue enlarging the nacelle to include it.
So I thought maybe I can move the carburettor:gig: piping and two 90 degrees should enable me to place it wherever I want, under or behind the engine.
I search a bit and haven't found anybody doing this, I think mainly because these engines are mounted on unfaired ultraligths where everything is stycking out :ponder:
What would be the impact of having extra piping between the carb and the engine ?
How to make it reliable ?
How much if any horsepower am I gonna loose ?

thanks all for your help !

Back