• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The all new full size replica Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-6 !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApathyL

Hello Forum,

I am so lucky that I have found this forum, I just joined today and there is a lot of great things on this forum. I like it very much. So, to make up to the title, I would like to present to all of you fellows, our new, full size Bf 109 G-6.

Our aircraft is no Jurca and nothing like others may have done in this field, if so then please correct me, I must be wrong. Our research, design and planning took around 3 years, in which I was able to put my hands on original 109 G factory blueprints, which we combined into our design. The whole aircraft will be composite, a "sandwich" type method which is about 6cm thick and is based on a strong wooden frame. The proof of concept scale model was also built before anything in big has been done, and it was a great suprise to how strong it is and how light it will be. We combine fibreglass/kevlar/carbon to make our "sandwich".

I will write more about the 109, its expected specifications and about our future ideas, which would involve people all around the globe to own and fly a full size high speed historic fighter aircraft.

I would really like to hear any thought you may have, and any question, just fire away ;)

Hope you enjoy the photos, I will post more...

Best regards, Les

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 5,430
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 8,288
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 3,858
  • 4.jpg