• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

lightweight seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylP

Hi all,
Strange as it seems, there seems to be no manufacturer that makes a lightweight seat. Does anyone know of a company that actually lists the weight? I say this because I was looking at racing seats as an option, but even they do not list the actual weight.
My idea was to make a very light strong frame, (fixed position, with no adjustment as it would be just for me) and stretch a mesh material in between. I have sat in high end office chairs that are quite comfortable, and wondered why not make a seat similar to that. Has any of you that have built a kit, and were trying to save weight, actually weighed you seats to see just how heavy they are? It seems that a lightweight seat would be a great way to save some weight. Of course if you fly a lot of cross country then a heavily padded seat may be the ticket.

Back