• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Bee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whizzard

Huntington, West Virginia, WV-OH-KY Tri State Area
Hi everybody!

My name is Bill

I have been interested in Home Built Aircraft for many years but have never had the money or time to build of fly 1. Now that I am retired I have the time but still not the money.

My brother-in-law just bought and took lessons to fly a Quicksilver Ultralight and just renewed my interest in light homebuilt aircraft. You all know that if you want somethine bad enough you will find how to buy it, New Home, New Car, New Plane...... Have to hurry though, I am 68 yrs old and not too much time left to be able to buy, build and learn to fly.

I have had a 6-way heart bypass and probably not pass the regular pilots medical but am not restricted in any way physically. I walk a couple of miles about 3 days a week up and down some hills in my subdivision here in West Virginia. This is a very areobic excercise and also use a treadmill and exercycle when weather is too bad outside.

I am allowed to drive a car where I could cause a lot of injuries and even death, but am not allowed to fly a plane where most of the time accidents only kill the people on the plane. Go Figure!!

I have been looking at several ultralights and would like to learn to fly them.

I have been interested in the Challenger Ultralight Kit from Quad Cities Ultralights. It has some interesting charactistics and if I could get into the new Sport Pilot with my medical, I might try building 1 or buy 1.

I belong to the Fly Challanger Yahoo Group and Sport Pilot Yahoo Group which have much info on both building and flying.

Thanks for a great new forum to learn from some more "Experts"!

Last edited:
Back