• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Jurca P-40 to P-36 conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldpuki

Hi guys, first message and I am already asking for favors. I am seriously looking at building a Jurca P-40 but using an M-14 radial and thereby converting it to a P-36. I have always like that look and I prefer the lack of aggravation of the liquid cooled engine. After looking at the 75% Jurca FW-190 and comparing to the the P-36 scaled down, it appears to be within inches of exactly the same size. On the surface, I don't see any major flaws with my intentions.

That being said, can anyone here help me poke holes or tell me I am crazy? I have never even seen a Jurca P-40 and only have a couple of pictures. Can anyone here help out with more solid information on this bird? The landing gear scares me a bit and any input would be greatly appreciated. Basically, I am just starting my due dilligence and could use a reality check. Thanks in advance!!!

Back