• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Learning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Recently, the subject came up in another area here of imparting wisdom to other folks. I was gently chided to share some of my knowledge and abilities with other builders, hopefully to inspire them, encourage them, help them to learn that building an airplane is NOT an impossible task.

So, most of my knowledge deals with rag and tube airplanes - my Duce is rapidly getting ready for first flight. Still need to finish the wing struts and put the cowling on, and a few (!!!) other minor chores.

I am putting an offer on the table - I will attempt to answer questions about building techniques regarding rag and tube airplanes, and general construction techniques. I will caution everyone - the methods and materials I use are my own, acquired through learning on the job. I am not an A&P, engineer, whatever - just a guy who enjoys doing the best job I can on whatever comes to hand.

I see no problem in making a part as many times as it takes to get it right, even if you have to waste time and materials. I also pick the brains of other people - why re-invent the wheel?

There are many others like me out here - post your questions, problems, solutions someplace in homebuiltairplanes.com, and you WILL get an answer!

Craig

Back