• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shops open for business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dust

OK, i'm a cozy builder who holds a party every saturday, unless it is Sunday. What this means is people come and work on the planes each week, for fun and learning. Each week we have from 3 to 8 people show up to make plane parts.

I am in SE michigan, near detroit, and we have had visitors from as far away as iowa,he has driven up twice, to build plane parts and to lose thier fear of building with a strange material, foam and fiberglass.

Now, i really don't care what plane you are planning to build or are building, our plane shop is open to all, except tourists, we don't give tours, ifin you want to see a cozy, find one near you or go to oshkosh or sun n fun, we don't have time for 1 or two hour tours of the plane.

It has become a tradition for me to advertise for "slaves" I mean helpers. Ifin you come, you will not watch, you will do and learn way more than a tour would give you. This is just foam and fiberglass work, specific to a cozy, but the techniques are the same for all, so the type of plane you are planning on doesn't matter, if you want to get your hands dirty with foam, fiberglass and epoxy, cmooooon down.

On another note, my other hobby is furniture and i spend 5 nights and 1 weekend day, the one that is not plane day, making furniture.

My woodworking shop is rather fully equiped and also open to all that need it.

If you need to make jigs or fixtures for a diferent plane than the cozy, even an aluminum or tube and fabric or wood one, cmon over and make dust

enjoy the build

Dust

Back