• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RR Merlin Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayRoc

Weston, colorado, United States of America
I was able to use some information on this site, it has helped me out allot, I thought I would contribute. Here is a drawing of a crank that I did up, I only had a picture of the crank, and the measurements of the throw pin as found on this site. Thanks for the help. I hope that this will help others looking for the information, and of course as there are very knowledgeable people here, you can help me out by pointing out problems or inconsistencies.

Obviously there are details missing, I am still working on that. I do not yet know the width of the end mains, the diameter of the bored holes through the mains or crank pins, or the precise diameter of the main journals.

There for, these drawings of whatever I put on here should not be considered cannon to the design of the Merlin, but might be useful just the same.

Cheers!
Ray,

Attachments

• crank.PDF
    413.7 KB · Views: 1,485
Back