• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

P-51 drawings on DVD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbirdkid

Hi there,

this is Claus Colling of Flug Werk GmbH greeting from Germany. I'd like to shed some light onto the ongoing discussion about the digitalized NAA P-51 drawings and by that trying to calm down the community again.

Fact is that I had the drawings digitalized at quite some expense. They represent all of the NASM microfilm data.

I sold a set to Securo Publishing in Canda and they are copying their sets of mine, which can technically be well proven.

The first one to breech our agreement however was Justin "Jay" Conrad Thinnes, as he was acting against all promises not to sell the drawings to the public, unless we have had a common market strategy. Those days he offered the set of DVD's for US $ 3.600,- Since he got killed in a accident, he is no longer a factor in this and he shall rest in peace.

As my interest is not in selling plans or drawings, I contacted Peter Ewbank / NZ and gave him the right to market the digitalized drawings.

In that Peter is the only one who copies the digital dwg. data with my consent. Peter spruced up the set with CAD drawings that are not from my origin, although Flug Werk GmbH has a complete set of drawings in CAD/Catia format, which we utilize to manufacture and market the P-51 look-alike structural kit: AP-51 "Palomino". It is similar to a P-51 in every respect, but in order to avoid any legal hick-up, we are calling it by a different name.

The NASM set of microfilm contains about 16.000 individual drawings but lacks most of the GA drawings, thus our need to completely reengineer the wing and the fusleage.

Hey, this is a highly interesting hobby, with highly skilled people skattered around the globe, making very remarkable things. Let us keep the good spirit and not fight about minor things.

Enjoy your favourate past time.

Cheers

Claus

PS: Due to my restrictions concerning time available, I will not be an avid forum member.... so this is a one off posting. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back